State Bank of India recently issued a notification for the recruitment of 1837 Probationary Officers (P.O.). If you have not read the notification,you may refer to the previous post that is about the SBI PO Recruitment 2014.In this post,we will talk about the exam pattern,selection process and syllabus for the recruitment examination.
SBI PO Selection Procedure 2014
- Phase-I Examination will comprise of Objective Test of 200 marks and Descriptive (Essay) Test of 50 Marks.
- Phase-II Examination will have a Group Discussion part having 20 marks followed by a Interview carrying 30 marks.
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2014
- Objective Test will be held in online mode.Candidates are required to select correct entry out out of 4 possible answers. It will have 4 sections of 50 marks each totaling to 200 marks overall.It will have a duration of 2 hours.
a) Test of English Language(Grammar,Vocabulary,Comprehension etc.)
b) Test of General Awareness,Marketing & Computers
c) Test of Data Analysis &Interpretation
d) Test of Reasoning( High Level)
- Descriptive Test will be held after the completion of objective test.Only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests.Unlike objective test, it will be conducted in pen-paper mode .T
The Descriptive Test will be of 1 hour duration (50 Marks) and will have test competency in English Language :(comprehension, short precis, letter writing & essay
- Group Discussion & Interview : The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & Interview will be decided by the Bank.
Recommended Books for Preparation
- State Bank of India & Associates Specialist Officer Recruitment Exam 2014 : Success Master 1st Edition
- SBI & Associate Banks PO Exam Guide 1st Edition by RPH Edition
Apart from that, candidates should read newspapers and current affair magazines.
We also recommend reading our similar posts : Common Syllabus for all Major Exams